As a Bootstrapped founder I am trying to minimize the operating cost. One of the big expenses was my hosting bills. So started looking for Credits from different hosting/cloud providers.
First I went with the Aws Free Tier. But it was not what I was looking for & the resources of the Free tier were so limited.
Then Tried a Couple of More options Just as Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, etc.
Google Cloud has a Startup program But the duration of the credit was only 60 Days. Digital Ocean also has a startup program called hatch, which requires a VC-funded startup.
I was desperately looking for alternatives & Finally got AWS active Program. They have two options:
- Activate Founders
- Activate Portfolio
The active founder's tier was what I was looking for. Activate Founders provides self-funded and bootstrapped startups with $1,000 in AWS credits, $350 in Developer support credits, pre-built infrastructure templates, exclusive offers, and more. To apply, ensure you meet the application criteria below.
Here are the Requirments
- New to AWS Activate Founders
- Have not previously received credits from AWS Activate Portfolio
- Have an active AWS Account
- The startup must be self-funded, unbacked, or bootstrapped – no institutional funding or affiliation with an Activate Provider
- A company website or web profile
- The startup must be less than 10 years old
So $1000 in credits with 2years validity is a great deal for bootstrappers & for me as well.
If you meet the above requirements & have a Legal entity. You can also get the AWS Active Credit to minimize your operating cost to at least $1000
Thanks for reading.