My development environment
I preferred to code online instead of doing it locally. As I am very much uncomfortable to organize the project folders locally & that why I do coding work completely online.
I have 2 vps which I only use for my Development purpose. One is from Vultr(2gig, 1cpu) & another one from DO (1gig, 1cpu).
All of my projects are configured there & I use an online IDE Called CodeTasty which is just the tool I need & the ide is connected to both of my servers via ssh. I can easily switch between the servers when needed. With the IDE I can easily organize my project files, commit & push the codes to git repo.
The summery of my development environment:
- I configured my project files on cloud servers to manage & organize the codes
- I have connected an Online IDE to my dev servers & do code directly to them
- I use GitLab & GitHub for final code store or version controlling
- I test all the projects from my dev server with a subdomain
- Once testing is done I push the codes to production via GitLabs CI/CD or GitHub Actions
Hope my workflow will help you guys.