Xtreme Download Manager is a Java based download application that lets you pause and resume downloads. Here’s how you can install version 3.0.1 in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Download files at maximum possible speed. ( 5-6 times faster )
- Sophisticated dynamic file segmentation algorithm,data compression & connection reuse.
- Download FLV videos from YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Video or Any Other site Capture download from any browser (Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera,Safari or any other program trying to download a file from Internet)
- Supports HTTP,HTTPS,FTP protocols with Authentication,Proxy Servers, Cookies, Redirection etc.
- Resumes broken/dead downloads caused by connection problem,power failure or session expiration Highly portable. Runs on any O.S with Java SE 6.
- Can be configured to perform Automatic Antivirus checking, System shutdown on download completion
Open a terminal window.
Type in the following commands, then hit Enter after each:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xdman